The department of Odia formally came into existence in 1959. Presently the sanctioned strength in Odia Hons is 48. The current faculty strength is 8. A good number of them are holding Ph.D degrees . Members of faculty are encouraged to participate in State/National/International level seminars/ workshops.
- Programme offered :- B.A. (Odia Hons.)
- Inter disciplinary courses :- Generic electives, MIL (Odia), AECC
- Intake Capacity(Students) :- 48
COURSES OF STUDIES (Syllabus)Click here to download ODIA Hons (CBCS) syllabus
Faculty profile(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Dr. Urmila Sundari Devi||M.A., Ph.D||Reader||Translation English to Odia|
|Mrs. Swayam Prava Pattanaik||M.A.||Reader||Religion|
|Mrs. Rateswari Swain||M.A.||Reader||Religion|
|Dr. Madan Mohan Mahala||M.A., Ph.D||Reader||Translation|
|Dr. Madan Mohan Behera||M.A., Ph.D||Reader||Religion|
|Mrs. Minakshi Mohapatra||M.A., M.Phil, B.Ed||Lecturer||Religion|
|Mr. Gopal Krushna Das||M.A., M.Phil||Lecturer||Editing Modern Poetry|
|Mrs. Sunita Tripathy||M.A., M.Phil||Lecturer||Modern Poetry|
- Two books were published by UGC grant under CPE scheme.
a) Vendanta Sara Gupta geeta
b) Banamali Rahasa and Twelve Nos. of book were published by Deptt.
- Student’s participation in state/National level seminar.
- Student’s participation in internal seminar.
- Project work
- The department has seuccessfully conducted Kavita Patho Utsab.
|Dr. Sanghamitra Mishra||Retd. Prof. Utkal University|
|Dr. NIlamani Parida||Kendrapara Auto College (Retd. Reader, Eminent Poet and critics.)|
|Dr. Satya Pattanaik||Eminent poet, Former reader, BJB Auto College|
|Dr. Shashi Ratha||Short story writer|
|Dr. L.N. Raysingh||Retd. Reader, writer|