Rover and Ranger
The Bharat Scouts & Guides is an international movement to inculcate a spirit of loyalty, patriotism and thoughtfulness for others in the young boys and girls. Lord Robert Baden Powell was the founder of the world scouting movement. The Prananath College Rover Crew and Ranger Team have a rare distinction with records of memorable services and achievements since its commencement in 1996. Every year the crew enrol 24 volunteers each in Rovers crew and Rangers team. Out of 82 volunteers 40 in Rovers and 42 in Rangers are present for the current session 2022-23. The crew works under direct supervision of Orissa State Bharat Scouts & Guides, Bhubaneswar. Selected volunteers get rare opportunity to participate in various camps, adventures and cultural festivals organised at the State and National levels.
Motto : Service
- Weekly one class covering the Aims, Policy, Rules and Organisation (APRO) syllabus and prepare the Rovers and rangers to appear Governor Award Examination (NIPUN) which generates scope for the student in different sector Jobs like Railway, Service Sector, Teaching etc.
- Its a training ground where a Rover / Ranger they should maintain a discipline life, develop moral character and leadership character within them to perform their duty for the all round betterment of Society.
- With the motto of “Service” they should aware of their duty to serve people and society.
- Special Activity : Trained and Performed “Paika Akhada” which is one of the oldest cultural activity of Khordha by the Rovers and Rangers.
- Plantation Programme in Bana Mahotchaba as a programmes and of 17 Goals of Sustainable Development. With this activity they developed “Saheed Garden” and Greenery inside college campus and near Barunei area, Campus Cleaning programmes under “Swotcha Bharat Abhijan”.
- Attaining different camps like Service Camps like Rathyatra, Jagara where they serve people with drinking water, first aid, traffic control and cleaning etc.
- Selected candidates got chance to attained different National and International campls like, Samagam Camp, Jambori, Campory etc.
Annual Observation Days
Observation of College Commemoration Day on 28th January, Thinking day on 22nd February, Bana Mahotchaba and plantation Programme in July Month, Kargil Vijay Diwas on 26th July, Scout Scarf Day on 1st August, Gokula Mohan Ray Chudamani Diwas on 1st Ocober, Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October, Foundation day on 07th November, Prananath Jayanti on 16th November every year inside college campus.
Officers' In-Charge of Rover and Ranger
- Mr. Lingaraj Parida (Rover)
- Dr. Rashmirekha Barika (Ranger)